Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Today is the day that I have been dreading since 2007. The day that I knew was going to come no matter how hard I fought against it. That day that was just going to rip my heart out.

Today is the day Addison went to day care.

The day that total strangers have to be trusted enough to leave my precious baby with. Well, okay, not a baby...but that sounds more dramatic.

When I took the boys to day care, they screamed and cried and were clingy and I felt so guilty for leaving them. I have been dreading that with Addy.

So what happened? I walked over to tell her I was leaving and try to comfort here a little before I left and before I could even get close to her or say a word she waved me away and said "No, I don't want to leave."

WHAT? YOU don't want to leave? what happened to Mama, Don't leave me? and the screaming? And the crying? and the gut-wrenching sobs?

No, I don't want to leave. And she waved me off. (like, get away from me).

Will she like the other kids? Be nice to them? Play with them? Will she EAT? she is such a picky eater. I told them to call me if she won't eat. Will she hit anyone if she gets mad? Will she miss me? Will she wonder when I'm coming back? Will she ask for her binky? Will she take a nap?

Will this day ever end? I want to go back and get her so bad. I know in some ways it will be good for her...to be with kids her age and be able to play and have some structure. I called it school, and she was excited that she was going to school.

Will she want to go back to mom's tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment