Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday p.m. update

all I can say is TGIF!

Had to work with all the kids home today. Patrick had to go to school for 3 hours, but otherwise, home. Travis was exempt from his finals. Wow...where was that option when I was in school? He did, however, have a basketball game that he had to go to tonight. And he did not get to play because his father and I don't think his ankle has sufficiently healed, so we asked the coach to bench him. He's really happy about that. not.

Addison wrecked - oh, I mean rearranged - my office today while I was working. I just look around and think "where do I start?" (have you SEEN the show Hoarders??) I just need to pick a room and get started. Maybe if I unplug the computer...

I heard from Luci today...emailed her after getting her card the other day. It was so good to get back in touch...it's been a long time. She was my very first friend. Met her in 2nd grade. She lived at the end of my street and I think our teacher, Mrs. George (hey, Luci, she is still teaching at Shady Oaks!) had us seated together. We walked to and from school together every day. I had sleepovers at her house all the time. Funny...I don't remember her ever spending the night at our house. I wonder why? I remember her grandmother would get mint chocolate chip ice cream for us from Baskin-Robbins. I remember being jealous of her getting brand new white roller skates. I was so jealouse of those things. She introduced me to skating and it was a huge part of my childhood. I remember, even at age 7, thinking her Dad was the most handsome man around. And I remember moving to Alice, Texas, and having to live in a hotel when we first got there, and I remember being in the parking lot, going up to the room at the hotel and hearing someone call my name and turning around and seeing Mr. Avalos standing there. I was so thrilled! He came to see ME. An ADULT had come to see ME. I must really be important! or special! :) I don't know if I ever told Luci about that. Thanks for being such a big part of my childhood, Luci...and thanks SO MUCH for always keeping in touch over the years! (send me a picture so I can put it on here. None of my pictures of you are digital!)

2 comments:

  1. we DID get 1/2 days of school after finals~I remember that in HS and i was there before you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we got half days, but he did not have to go AT ALL. If you have a certain average and either no absences or very few (not certain what the rules are), then you don't have to take a final.

    ReplyDelete