Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010


This is my family. Complete. I thought it was complete years ago, but turns out...not! Travis is 15. Started high school this year. Patrick just turned 10, a 4th grader, and Addison just turned 2. She is...well, 2! Very smart, very pretty, and knows what she wants and will tell you. She completes us! Ty and I have been together since January 1988, married since 1997. This photo is from May 2009, after Patrick's First Communion.
So, a new year, a new decade. 2010....already. Wow. Time for some resolutions. Things that you should do...even WANT to do...have good intentions of doing, but never quite seem to get around to. The Suzanne Bailey definition!
So...if I had to make resolutions, these would be them...in no particular order:

1. Clean the house of clutter. I'm starting to think, after watching the new show "Hoarders" on TV, that I have a mild form of it. I have a hard time throwing out perfectly good stuff...even though we don't need it or use it. SOMEBODY can use it. Good thing there is a Goodwill Drop off close to us...just need to use it more. Makes me feel better to know that someone will get use of it. and if THEY throw it out...well, I'll never know. I think I will start with my office.

2. Scrapbook more. I have all the supplies I could ever use...but don't make the time to use them. I need more "me" time. How does the mom of 3 get "me" time? I want to make more scrapbook ornaments. I want a tree full of them. Much to my kid's dismay. Someday they will appreciate them. I want a book for each family member, each year. 5 small books a year. Is that too difficult? I think not. With the Quickutz mini book template, it should be a piece of cake. We'll see. I also invested in the Project Life kit from Becky Higgins. I'll have to figure out how to add a link on here. (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/) Ok, that was easy! LOL ! I plan to do this kit from start to finish. 1 photo a day, one journaling spot per day, all year. I'm on the computer all day anyway...how hard can it be to spend 5 minutes journaling about a photo? I take photos all the time anyway. One thing I hope to get out of this is better photography. I really need to take a class. I REALLY need to take a class....as far as journaling...well, that's where this blog comes in. If nothing else, I can write it on here and print it out later. That's the plan.

3. Photography class. Why not. It's resolutions, after all, right? Why not? I could use it!
and of course...
4. Be a better Mom. Be a better wife. Just be better!

I'll think of more later, I'm sure...


2 comments: