Sunday, January 3, 2010

GOING TO THE LODGE...


Got that little ditty in my head now and it's driving me CRAzy!! Going to the lodge...going to the lodge...GREAT WOLF LODGE. (going to the great wolf lodge).

We went yesterday, spent the night, had a good time. Pep (my sister-in-law) got us a great deal on a room - great enough that we have enough left over for a 2nd trip. Not sure when we will go back.

Anyway, checked in, went to dinner, went to the waterpark (Addison had a great time!) and then back up to the room for awhile. Later I took Patrick around the hotel. He had his wand for the MagiQuest but never quite seemed to get into it. Maybe he's too old for kids fun now. So sad. He's only 10. Travis would not even do it. Which I suspected. He did go check out the teen hang out spot. Patrick was NOT happy that he could not go. Travis said it was no big deal. Probably because he did not have a friend to hang out with. We did get a "thank you so much for taking us...it was great" from Patrick on the way home. After he moped all night for not being able to go to the arcade. I finally decided today that it's his vacation too and if arcade is what he wants to do, then he should be able to do it and I gave him some $$. Apparently he did not do much down there because he had enough left over to buy a 3-ft long make it yourself pixie-stix. (insert eyes rolling icon here).

The water park was fun. Lots of chlorine. I took some Mucinex with dinner because I' ve had a hacking cough since Christmas, and when I got into the water, I started to itch from head to toe. I figured it was the water, but when I went back today, did not notice any itching, so maybe it was the medicine. Which, by the way, did not help a lick. I stayed with Addison in the kiddy pool all evening because Ty was upstairs watching TV. Did not ride anything or do the lazy river.

This morning we got up and had the breakfast buffet. Since I now judge everything against the Hyatt Hill Country...the food was okay. Not as good, but we all had plenty to eat. The highlight of breakfast was when Patrick came back from the buffet with a whole tray full of food. I don't think he understands the concept of all-you-can-eat, when you take 1 plate and fill it and then go back for more. He had plates overlapping on his tray. And you know that someone that worked there had to get him a tray...they are not just laying out there like the plates where you just grab one. It was funny! He also had a grapefruit. I have never even seen him eat grapefruit. He said he eats it at school all the time. He took a bite and said "oh, this is stale." (does grapefruit GO stale?). I figure the ones at school probably don't taste right and this was how it is supposed to taste and he was not used to it. Nothing they serve at school tastes good.

Today I went to the waterpark with Travis...I only rode 1 slide...with Travis, double tube, and I have to say, it was one of the most fun slides I have even been on. and then it was cold and we went to the hot tub. :)

Ty's parents came up there to check the place out for awhile. We got the gift card from them for Xmas, that's how we got to go. It was a great gift! Very unexpected and very appreciated.

Good end to Christmas vacation. Back to work tomorrow. Kids still off until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment