Monday, January 18, 2010

JANUARY 18, 2010 - MONDAY

The Great Cinnamon Roll Disaster - I was working this morning and Patrick came in and said he wanted to make some cinnamon rolls. (Pillsbury, that is) He has done this many times before I told him to go ahead. He loves to cook and help out in the kitchen on occasion.

So, he preheated the oven and opened the can of rolls...and then got highly upset because "they all came unrolled and they are ruined." Just as I walked into the kitchen, he was about to throw them out. I stopped him just in the nick of time. Then he got mad and threw them onto the counter. I made him calm down and then proceeded to show him how simple it was to roll them back up, put them in the pan, and cook them.

So, into the oven they went, and I went back to work.

Quite some time later, I asked him about them and he got that "deer in the headlight look" and ran to the kitchen. Then he came back and, all upset, and said they were burned. Black. All the way through. Burned to a crisp. I told him it was not the end of the world and told him we have more and that he could get a new can and start all over.

Which he did...and this time I checked them. And they were done. Just as he is taking them out of the oven...I spotted the 1st pan he had made. You know, the ones that were black through-and-through, burned to a crisp, unedible?

Here's the pictures. Can you tell which is which?


2 comments:

  1. yep-they looked totally ruined to me. both pans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if that is burned to a crisp, then I have burned everything I have ever cooked in my life!

    ReplyDelete