Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hump day. I don't know what it is about getting older and Wednesdays. I just DON'T want to get out of bed on hump day. The morning comes sooner, I think. I never used to even think twice about it being Wednesday. Now, every week, when that alarm sounds, I just KNOW it's Wednesday. I don't have that much trouble getting up any other day of the week. Don't know what it is about Wednesday...

What a day with my daughter. Or an evening, I should say. Yesterday, I took the potty seat to Mom's with Addison. Mom took her shopping and she picked out a new baby doll with a catch. She does not get the doll until she uses the potty. This was not just any doll. This was the super duper bath baby/potty baby with all the bath and potty accessories. Addison WANTED this doll. She HAD TO HAVE this doll. She was bursting with excitement over the thought of this doll. But she did not use the potty yesterday. She showed me the doll. She told me what it was for. She told me what she had to do to get it. she was Excited! But she did not go yesterday.

Today, I went to pick her up and she GOT THE DOLL! On the way home this morning, after dropping her off.. I thought to myself...should she get the doll just for going ONE time? I think not. But that was Mom's deal. I was not going to make the rules for it. But I thought "if she goes all day w/out an accident" would be a good incentive. But no, she went, and Mom gave her the doll. That must be a grandmother thing! Anyway, she "saved" it for me to show me and I looked inside and...

There were maybe 2 drops in there.

She was SO proud of herself. SO proud. for 2 drops. Mom said she sat there a LONG time. She WANTED that doll! I think her bladder finally said "just give her the damn doll" and let a couple of drops out! She was soooo proud! You should know that in the past, she has gone #2 in the potty, but never has done #1. This was a big deal. She did it! 2 whole drops.

When we got home, she spent a good hour at the kitchen sink, giving her new baby a bath and watching her "pee". She washed her over and over again. She was a proud mama! And when Ty got home, she had to give her another bath. That doll has to be the cleanest thing in our house now! (does not take much)

Also, she decided she wanted to comb MY hair for a change. So I got the squirt bottle (her hair has to be wet when you brush/comb it) and my brush and I sat on the floor and let her "style" my hair. She probably spent a good 30 minutes spraying and brushing my hair. So fun! She was so meticulous about it! Love that girl! She's going to be so much fun!


2 comments:

  1. i want someone to brush MY hair...do i have to pee first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, you and Addison will have to work out the details.

    come on over...

    you should have seen the night she did my makeup, or should I say, colored my face with an eye liner pencil! THAT was a treat!

    ReplyDelete