Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Steak N Shake. for dinner. $30. for all of us to eat...fast food. Buyer's remorse. I will forever think of SteakNShake and think of my Dad (always ate there first thing upon arriving in St. Louis) and Donna calling me from her cell phone to tell me she was there when cell phones were still new. Now we have them here where we live. and it's good, but it's not $30. good. Eating out is no longer a guilt-free thing. Is it because there are more mouths to feed that it costs more? No...Addison and I shared a meal. Is it because Travis no longer gets kids' meals? And Patrick didn't either. I don't know...when the $ is tighter, it just puts things in perspective. and $30 for burgers and fries = buyer's remorse. Funny how you take things for granted when you have $$ to spend.

and all that time we had money...I had no idea we had it.

2 comments:

  1. guess you didn't order from the 3.99 menu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually we did. I got to thinking about it and figured I should have checked the receipt.

    ReplyDelete