Friday, June 25, 2010

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Worked and walked this a.m. Mom came by and got Addison again. They went to McDs again!

After work I went and got her. She had her last day of lessons this week. What an interesting lesson! Both boys went with me and got in with her. When we got there, the class before hers was finishing up and they were going off the diving board. She said she wanted to. I told her maybe next year. So, we are in the water in her lesson, and Travis has her, so I get out to get my camera. I walk over to the table and I hear "NO, don't jump." and I turn around and there is Addison on the diving board. My heart stopped. Travis swam over to the deep end so if she did jump he could get her. Once she was on the board, however, she changed her mind. She got back down and got back in the pool. But not 5 minutes later, she was back on the board and this time...this is what happened..




I was so incredibly proud of her (and scared for her) but she did it, again and again. Probably 10 times.

See, I'm the mother of boys who don't like swim lessons. Travis was a swim school dropout. and when I finally got him to go to the Hubenak's, he cried the entire time. It was torture for both of us. Then I started Patrick early, before he could talk, because I did not want to hear all the pleas. He was fine, until we got there the first day and all the other kids were crying, so then he started crying, and did not stop until the lessons were over 2 weeks later. It was hell on me! :)

So I have been dreading going through it again with her. But she is just full of surprises. My mother had to bribe me to jump off the diving board when I was in grade school. and then I jumped into the lifeguards arms. (I'm not a great swimmer). My boys cried all through lessons.

But these people are miracle workers.

http://hubenakswimschool.com/

Your child will swim with them. Sometimes it's tough to watch, but it's worth it in the end!!

Anyway...very proud of my girl. She never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment