Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday June 19, 2010

This morning I took Addison and Patrick and went to the bank, and then back to the Scrapbook Boutique - but only because I promised Patrick a snow cone at the place next door to it. When we pulled in the first thing I noticed was the "closed" sign on the snow cone place. Crap! Before I could even tell him it was closed, he sat up, looked out, and said "This place? This place stinks. I'm not eating a snow cone here (oh my, I've raised a snow cone snob). I have had them here before. It's like they take a block of ice and pour syrup over it. It stinks. I'm not eating one here. " I said "oh , thank goodness, because they are closed. Ok, let's go scrapbook shopping." He was TICKED. He could not beLIEVE I had the NERVE to still go there when he was not getting a snow cone. He "threatened" me by saying he was staying in the car. I said "ok, but it's really hot out here. When you get too hot, you can come into the air conditioning" and I went in.

I was probably only there for 10 minutes tops. He came in after the first minute. One minute after he came in, he said "Are you done yet? Can we GO?" I gave him the mom's evil eye and told him to not even start (mental note: Next time I make a trip to GameStop for him...do the same thing to him).

So, we get back in the car and he says "well, can we at least go to Burger King and get an icee? (they have them for $1 now). Guess where BK is? Over by the bank. (eyes rolling). So I said yes, and off we went.

When we got there, he asked if we were getting lunch, too. I relented. Ordered a bunch of burgers and some fries to take home, and then said "and 3 cherry icees". "I'm sorry, our icee machine is not working."

WHAT?

Um...Patrick, the icee machine is not working. (CRINGE)

WHAT??? , Patrick screamed . "Man, this day has just been a complete WASTE."

OH jeez....what else can go wrong for him? :)

So, being the GREAT mom I am, I drove by 7-11 on the way home and got the slurpees there. And being the GREAT mom I am...I remind him when we got home "the next time you say I never do anything for you, you just remember that I drove to THREE different places today to get you a slurpee. " (halo smiley here)

Boys went to races tonight and Donna, Addie, and I went to eat and to Joann's. Boss's pizza in Keller. very good.

came home, played with the art stuff for awhile , then put addie to bed. I stayed up and played until the boys came home.

Travis raced tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment