Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011

23 years ago tonight I met my husband.

I was telling the kids this story not too long ago. I had gone out the week before and met someone. He asked for my phone # and I did not want to give it to him...but he wore me down. :) so, he called the next day and said he was leaving Monday a.m. on business but he wanted to go out the following weekend. Don't ask me what his name was. Don't ask me what he looked like. I don't remember anything about him, really. He called once during the week, to touch base. Said he would be home Thursday night...wanted to go out Friday...would call when he was in town. We did not have actual plans, just an "I'll call you when I'm home." He did call. Said he would call back the next day and we would make our plans to go out. and then he did not call. I had not been dating - by choice - was tired of guy's crap. So the fact that I gave him, gave him my number, and then ended up getting stood up really really really ticked me off. And just reiteretated why I was not dating. I called my friend, Mary, Saturday a.m. and told her "get ready, we are going out tonight."

to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment