Thursday, January 20, 2011

1/20/11

ok, so I'm sitting watching Oprah (TIVO) yesterday on her trip to Australia and I get this overwhelming feeling of - well, first of all how incredibly GORGEOUS it is there. I have seen pictures of it before and never really thought much about it, but on the show yesterday, it just looked inCREDible. but then I start thinking...I want to go. And you know what? You only live once. and no one is going to hand me a trip (OPRAH). so I get online and look at airfare for the 5 of us. Ok, only about $6000. Add in another $6000 for hotel and FUN stuff to do while there....

ok that is my house payment budget for most of the year.

so, start saving. :)

and then when the $ is saved, do I do the practical thing and put it towards the house or do i just LIVE and go for it? i know me. I would put it toward the house.

I talked to Travis about all this on the way home from school. He is psyched..he'd go to Australia with me. I told him we can't save the $$ if he is spending it all on racing. Nothing like a good old fashioned Catholic guilt trip! :) He said when he is out of school and making $$ he would take me. I love that kid! I told him about the guy that proposed to his girlfriend on the trip...how his MOTHER gave her up spot on the trip so that he could take her and propose. WOW. What a MOM! He asked me if I would do that and I said yes, I you had been with her a long time (they were together 4 years, he said) and I liked her, I would do that for him. (and if she ever divorced him, I'd have to break her legs or something) :)

anyway, the whole point of this is that it made me realize that I'm in a rut - been there for years - and I feel like life is just passing me by. I'm not a "make things happen" type person. Always been a "watch things happen" type person.

Time to break out of that shell...I gotta get out more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment