Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday, August 13, 2010

This was not a good day. Early this morning I got a call from Mom, and I knew instantly it was bad news. I thought something happened to Grandpa (he just turned 93). But it was not Grandpa. She called to tell me that Andrew had died. I was just in shock. Andrew Montgomery is my 25 year old cousin, Kevin and Cheryl's son. Mom did not know what happened so later on that morning I texted my aunt Linda and asked what she knew. She was at Kevin's house and said the police and paramedics and coroner were all there and they had just taken the body. That was when the shock gave way to tears for me. I just can't imagine. I kept thinking about my kids and thought "what do you say to Kevin and Cheryl?" I'm sorry just does not seem to cut it in this case. I had to finish working all day...I called Ty and told him. I could tell he did not want me to make the trip (we had just gotten back from Colorado and really could not afford it) but I knew I had to. and I could not leave the kids here because he had to work. I toyed with the idea of letting the boys stay home, but when I mentioned it to Pat he said "Only if Krista will look in on us " (she is my neighbor) and I knew then that he could not stay home...when you get "have the neighbor look in on us " rather than "I think I will have a party while your are gone", you know they are too young to stay home alone!! :)

So, I decided I would go and the kids were coming with me. I knew it would be a hard drive since we had just make an equally long drive to Colorado, especially for Addie.

Nathan called and asked if he could ride with us. I had planned to call him...knew he would want to go because he and Andrew were the same age and he was probably closest to him out of all the relatives.

My heart is so heavy...I just can't believe he is gone. and no body seems to know what happened at this point.

I thought about the Email I got from Cheryl at Easter that said they were going to spend Easter together as a family, just the 5 of them, and I'm glad they did that.

I just can't imagine what she and Kevin are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment