Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I worked...and walked...and guess who came back today??? There IS wildlife after all!

I almost did not get the picture. Well, that's a bit dramatic. I saw him...stopped dead in my tracks, and went back to the house to get the camera. I could not find it in the 2 places I normally put it (surprise, surprise), so I thought, "It's probably still in the car." So I opened the front door to go look and in comes our cat, Dee-Dee. Now you have to know that Dee-Dee likes to sit at the front door in the morning and meow. LOUD. So loud, in fact, that she wakes us up (our room is right by the front door. Something I will NEVER let happen again. I hate having it by the front door). So, she comes in and I think "She is going to wake up Addison (who is in my bed asleep)" so I grab her and take her to the laundry room. Only I don't pull the door all the way closed. and I go out the front door to look for the camera. Which, by the way, is not there. So, I go back in (is the vulture still there now?) and there's Addison...petting DeeDee. Remind me to kick that cat. (not really... I would not do that, but DON'T wake a sleeping child...especially in MY house. Ugh.). So, I go back to my office and there's the camera, buried under Scrapbook supplies. What a shock. So I get it, put the telephoto lens on, and go back out, after telling Addison to go back and lay down (yea, right Mom). So, I go back out and I take about 50 pictures. Yes, after ALL that, he was still there, waiting for me! :) It looked like he had some stuff stuck to his feathers and blowing in the wind, but when I looked through the lens, it looks like it is part of his feathers...only it looked like it was really soft and...well, just looked strange to me. It's that stuff under his neck in the photos. Not sure what it is...

anyway, he cooperated and I got some good pictures this time.

Yea! There is still wildlife!!

See, when your life is as boring as mine...it's the little things like this that just make your day!!

I'm excited about a vulture. That's just sad!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment