Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuesday, 5/25/10

Work, school. regular schedule. Today I was walking and 2 strange birds flew over...I think they were those birds that you always see around cows...can't think of the name of them. Anyway, right after that, a few steps further, a rabbit ran out in front of me and stopped on the other side of the yard and we just watched each other for awhile. I think it is really cool that all of this is in my own backyard. The stuff we take for granted. We have lived here for 14 years (next month) and we have had skunks that eat cat food in our garage, raccoons that shared the cat food with the skunks. I have seen a fox (once), coyotes (many times), vultures, owls, rabbits. I know if they are around all the time they can be destructive, but I'm the type that puts food out for them. I like having them around. Who would have thought when we bought the place in the middle of the city we would have all this wildlife in our own backyard?

No comments:

Post a Comment