Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friday Nov 5, 2010

well, I'm finally admitting that this project 365 I started in January is probably not going to be a finished book by January. but I have this blog, without which it would not even be possible to attempt to finish. so, last night I printed out a bunch of pictures and I'm going to pick them up and start "catching up" as best I can.

That being said...today was not such a good day. I checked Pat's grades and he has 2 Ds...only Birdville no longer recognizes Ds..so he has 2 Fs. Math and Social Studies. and he was so excited when he got in the car today because he says he passed his state test. We'll see...

anyway...I emailed Mrs. Luppy and asked her for a conference to talk about him and I'm supposed to go in Tuesday; however, in the meantime, I found out that the math grade is even lower and that he will probably be failing the course. She said he had 6 papers that he was able to correct for a higher grade and he did not do them. I went to the school and got them and brought them home and made him do them...and he has lost every privilege he has in his life. I did not tell Ty...I'll give him the rest of the grading period to try and bring it up...although it ends in a week, so good luck with that. He is not allowed to go to the Fall Festival now...it's his last one at North Ridge and it just kills me not to let him go...but that is part of the problem...his whole life I have given in and let him do things that I should not let him do when he is in trouble...and I have to stand firm now when he needs it the most. I have to start being a better parent. I've let him slide his whole life and I just can't anymore. That which does not kills us makes us stronger, right? I just don't know how to get through to him because he just DOES NOT CARE. I don't know how to make him care.

Anyway...Travis went to the Nascar race with Jared Hall and family tonight.

Sandra and Keith gave us 4 tickets to tomorrow's race...so Ty and his dad will take the boys. Pat does not want to go...he wants to stay home and go to the fall festival. that's not going to happen.

Anyway...what a day. I feel like I've failed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment